Community Inclusion Services
Community Inclusion is intended to assist individuals to optimize their personal, social, vocational and volunteer opportunities within the community. The services are determined by the individual, based on their identified goals and preferences.
Supports may be structured, centre-based and include a group of participants. Alternately, the program may be more informal with one to one support and based out of the individual’s home or a specific location within the community.
These services provide opportunities for participation in a variety of community experiences such as:
• Leisure or recreational activities
• Spiritual & cultural activities
• Pre-vocational & vocational pursuits
• Volunteerism in the community
• Education and training
• Development of life skills
• Health and wellness education and promotion
• Orientation, mobility, and destination training
• Access and utilization of public transportation